Gartner’s latest IT spending forecast shows that spending on cloud system infrastructure services (IaaS) will grow from $39.5 billion in 2019 to $63 billion through 2021. Our team has previously explored the many versions of cloud that can be implemented; the general advantages and challenges to each. Yet, private cloud remains the steady element in […]
The 10 Key Steps of Your Cloud Migration
Confused about cloud migration? There are many ways to make the move towards the cloud.
And despite what many providers will claim, your cloud infrastructure is inherently unique and will always need a level of customisation. Perhaps it would be helpful for you have some information on how to approach a cloud migration or cloud transformation.
Here are the 10 key steps of Cloud Migration, which briefly outlines what happens when a company decides to move to the cloud:
- Discovery of your applications, how they group together, what the business owner expectations are, and start to fully understand your infrastructure environment. A performance benchmark should be created for your environment.
- Evaluate Security, Governance and Compliance.
- Design the cloud solution based on the discovery output.
- Deploy or pivot your cloud infrastructure based on the solution design and your requirements.
- Connect the customer site with secure network connectivity, such as MPLS, VPN or HTTPS.
- Network Extension if required with solutions like VXLAN or OTV as described in Networking.
- Configure Replication technologies such as Zerto, vMotion, vSphere Replication or Veeam to replicate your infrastructure based on application or migration groupings.
- Migrate during specified maintenance windows for minimal business downtime and performance test against the benchmark created during discovery.
- Handover to the cloud support team and decommissioning old infrastructure.
- Early-Life Support from our project team will remain in place until the business owners and support teams have signed off on their areas of responsibility.
Digital Planet combines advanced cloud services built upon the best of breed technology with industry-leading security standards, giving you the cloud management and platform stability to allow you to focus on the core areas of your business. This promise is backed by our industry leading 99.99% availability & performance SLAs.
Our experienced cloud consultancy team have been developing for over 25 years sustaining excellence in IT Strategy Review, Solution Architecture, Enterprise System Design, Data Migration and Cloud Management.
If you’re still considering what type of cloud your company should choose, read more about the main pillars of Enterprise Cloud here.
Explore your options on Enterprise Cloud – contact our Digital Planet cloud team today.